Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 21 I think (and 16, 17, 18, 19, 20...)

Sorry I've been away, dear internet diary. Know that this is how my soul felt without your presence

Seriously. I was this sad llama. 

While it would be SO FUN to go through my food diary for the past however many days (I hate math and refuse to count how many there were), I think we can all imagine how well it went.

In all actuality, it really did go surprisingly well! I've finally started noticing some huge physical differences in my body. I'm at a point where I'm comfortable with my weight and feel, well, healthy and currrrvvyyyyy. From my calculations, I think I've lost over 10 pounds without working out. Well, there was one night I talked to Levi on the phone for like an hour and walked on a 12% incline at 1.5 mph if you count that. 

Not only have I noticed a difference, so have other people! I have transformed from the sad llama to this happy llama. 
Shaggy hair and all 

Easter was really difficult for me even though all of our meals were basically paleo (praise the Lord for my ever-supportive and health crazed family!). I recall driving home from Mass with Levi, Lucy, and my friend Brett and craving Dairy Queen and tacos hardcore. EVERYTHING non-Paleo sounded freaking delicious. Thankfully (kinda), Levi didn't stop and told me that I can't quit now. 
Me looking at DQ as we drove by. 
Besides the temptations of margaritas and sangrias and Granny's banana cake, I survived and Easter was incredibly fun. Levi, Claire, Brett and I all played Kan-Jam, which is the best game in the entire world. The whole family was there, and it was crowded, chaotic, and perfect. Here's some pictures for your enjoyment. 
Annual Hilger Easter Jumping Photo 


When Mimi takes your spotlight 




We love this one because Dad is levitating haha 


Right before she threw poop at us 



Thanks for letting me do a photo splurge. I'm a little nervous about the end of my Whole30 because I will be in Chicago on days 29 and 30 (!!!!!! GOING TO SEE VAN GOGH!!!!!!!) 

Yes, you heard that right. Sara and I will be going with the Art Club to Chicago to see Van Gogh. And I'm so freaking excited. Also want deep dish pizza. 

Maybe I'll finish the Whole30 when I return? Eat 80/20 on the trip? I haven't decided yet, but I'm slowly becoming okay with whatever choice I decide. I'm also nervous that my stomach will EXPLODE if I reintroduce food back into my system while on a 8+ car ride, so I might reintroduce a few foods early. Thoughts? 

Also, the flowers are beginning to bloom and I'm SO DANG EXCITED! 

Dang, it's good to be back. 

How I Feel Today: 




2 comments:

  1. Again, the gifs and memes were awesome! :) You do have a great talent at writing blog posts and keeping them interesting. I know this Whole 30 has been up and down for you, but I have noticed your weight loss (yay Amanda, you've been doing awesome!!). PLUS! You are wanting to try new things (I MEAN, YOU ATE PICO DE GALLO WITH CHIPOTLE!!). And you have been appreciating food and taking care of yourself in a new way. I'm so proud of you, and I'm glad that you made a decision for how to plan out Chicago and you are doing ridiculously awesome about preparing. You're awesome sauce! :)

    **TALONS!!!**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Easter was awesome as well! :) So good!

    ReplyDelete