Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 2

     Wow, today was a good day. *Cue Ice Cube's ballin tunes and thuggin face cause that's how I feel right now* 
Representation of me conquering Day 2 AND  no meat 
     I woke up with some semblance of the carb flu, and immediately thanked the Good Lord above for letting it be spring break so I could sleep in. I made a mistake at breakfast by not reading the instructions. Little did I know, this chia seed pudding thing would need to refrigerate OVERNIGHT. Instead of being angry with myself, however, I thought, "Oh look at me, accidentally planning for tomorrow." 
   
    Regardless, I had my black coffee, pistachios, and blackberries for breakfast and was prepared for lunch. I defrosted (I think that's the word) (jk it's thawed) my shrimp with cold water, because apparently thawing seafood with warm water is a college party for bacteria where lots of babies are made. The actual recipe called for some chicken stock and my beautiful mother warned me of the evaporated cane sugar in it (drats, Whole Foods). Instead, on the whim, I made this delicious garlic and butter shrimp dish with zucchini noodles (the impasta of my longtime b.f.f. pasta).

    While there was a little too much lemon for my taste buds, it was a success. What. I also had a crap ton of snap peas and one of my homemade Larabars which consisted of dates and cashews. Who knew?

   Then, to top off the day, I went on a little bike ride, laid in the sunshine and scolded my dog for rolling around in the neighbor's leaf pile (last week she rolled in her own poop. sometimes I wonder if she's going senile or her anxiety is acting up.) She is pretty cute, though. Here's a picture of Tess because I'm a picture person. 
We call ourselves the Party Trio (p.s. thats my fiancé, who is the most phenomenal man I've ever met)
     After work, which was day 2 of avoiding the devilish chocolates, I went home and magically made half an avocado transform into guacamole (I'm a master), one egg (still makes me gag), and my asparagus. I say "my" asparagus because I'm pretty sure I make the greasiest, crispiest, bestest asparagus in the world and I'm ecstatic that I can use as much bacon fat as I want during the Whole30. 

    Now, I'm not sure why, but I'm still hungry quite often. I read a bunch of forums online and the answer I got was either eat more fat (sounds good to me) or eat more protein (okay LETS DO IT). So, I'm gonna buy olives tomorrow and munch on those. 

    Also, I took my "Before" picture today for some visual representation of how far I *hope* I go. I would upload it, but it's of me in my skivvies, so I'll just take a selfie instead. 

Quick snippet into my life: I'm slightly paranoid that people are watching me through my Webcam, especially after I read a story about a man who took pictures of people watching Netflix on their own computer and then sent the pictures to the couple. That's probably really confusing, but basically my anxiety plays into my technological life. That being said, I have a piece of tape constantly over my Webcam, so when I went to take a picture, this is what happened. 
Think of it this way, if THIS was my "Before" picture, I would go so far! Too bad it's just my tape. 
.
"Before" 
   YAY! Day 2 was kinda a success. 

This is how I'm feeling :

Thanks for the support. Love you all. 

Peace
Amanda 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Great job keeping up the good work! :)

    PS - You ain't no thug...nah mean, nah mean?!?

    ReplyDelete