Sunday, March 13, 2016

Day 3

***Currently writing this on Day 4***    

     I gotta say, I lost an hour of sleep thanks to Springing Forward, feel like I got hit with a semi truck, read the last book in my favorite series last night and cried until 12:45 (shoutout to Levi for staying with me and holding me as I bawled my eyes out), and my stomach is doing weird things. That being said, I honestly don't remember much about 24 hours ago.

Side Note: These books that I just finished reading are called the Mistborn series and they are literally the best. Not only is the protagonist of the story a woman, but she's a relatable, broken one like the rest of us who overcomes her struggles. Plus, she's a bad-ass. I've been putting off reading the last book in the series because I didn't want it to end. I'm the type of person who grows relationships with characters, and I couldn't stand to let them go. In honor of them, here's a drawing of the main character, Vin.
OK BACK TO REALITY.

    I do remember eating coffee, bacon, and cashews for breakfast before going to my pottery class. Pottery is such a stress reliever, I'm still terrible but working with your hands and being completely immersed in art is crazy good for stress.

   Lunch was some leftover chicken I had made with blackberries and my asparagus, which I will probably make again today. I was constantly going all day yesterday, and I'm surprised that I didn't fall asleep at work because of how tired I was. The carb flu was finally hitting, and man, oh man, did it feel like a hurricane. My little sister, Lucy, also had strep throat, so I'm not sure how to tell the difference between the carb flu and other sicknesses. Maybe my college professors will understand and let me skip class.....



   It was also my older sister, Kim's birthday - woohoo 32! Luckily, her family is primarily primal (LOL) and the dinner was pork/beef patties with lettuce buns, salad, and potato fries which I successfully avoided. I may have over ate a little by eating two burgers, half an avocado, about 12 carrots, cashews, and a little Whole30 "pudding" I made, and the rest of the night my stomach started doing crazy dances.

   All in all, I so wanted those mini cupcakes at her party or even her homemade paleo coffee cake, but I refrained. Luckily, my family is extremely supportive and my sister even apologized for having potato fries (seriously, how kind).

   Anywho, that's pretty much all I got. Day 3 kinda sucked. This is how I remember feeling:



 

1 comment:

  1. Your use of memes and gifs is on point!! :) Also, you got this, and I'm so proud of your effort and willingness.

    ReplyDelete