Monday, March 14, 2016

Day 5

I DIDN'T DIE!!!!!!!!!

Even with three classes and work today, I managed to stay on the diet (okay, lifestyle change). The carb flu is still going strong, my poop is still green and stinky, but I'm here <3

My stomach is still touchy in the morning, so I just had my cup of coffee with some bacon and brought half an avocado to class while we watched Iron Jawed Angels (a movie about the women's suffrage movement and getting us ladies the right to vote). It has Hilary Swank in it, and most of the time I was thinking about one of 2 things:

   P.S. I Love You
I was actually obsessed with this scene and transformed my whole wardrobe to be "free" and "colorful" like her character.
and the scene in The Office where they can't decide if Hilary Swank is hot or not.

Measuring the symmetry of her face by Oscar
Regardless, it's a pretty good movie and my avocado was pretty great as well. 

I had some leftover chicken noodle soup when I got home and then made some of my 'booch (kombucha tea stuff) to take with me because DANG IT FEELS LIKE SPRING! 

After my afternoon class, I went to work and actually finished my homework there since hardly no one came in. Well, I lie. There was one girl who was studying Music Therapy (so cool, right?!) in Colorado and came home for her spring break. We had a nice chat as she bought some earrings. 

Dinner was my leftover shrimp/half of Mom's hamburger/bacon-fat-greased broccoli. 

Levi came over to cut out the sheets for his 8th graders to make togas, because they're doing an "Ides of March" production of Julius Caesar. I'm seriously amazed by him and the school he works at. For one, Levi graduated with a degree in Classics and has absolutely zero formal teaching background. He now is teaching K-8th graders Latin from a program that he created on his own and is KILLIN it. His school is very low-income and diverse and most of the time it's overlooked here. For example, I had never been to their church and I've lived here my entire life. The way they're teaching those kids, however, seems to surpass any other. 
Isn't he the most handsome teacher you ever saw?! DAMNNN 

Today, Levi said he walked into the 3rd grade classroom and they were doing compliment circles. I only have done a compliment circle once, and it was during a Church camp my senior year of high school. These teachers are teaching (lol) their students to not only give love but also receive it. I'm still amazed. 

If you've never done a compliment circle before, here's the gist. You sit in a circle with a small group of people and everyone has a turn to compliment each person in the circle. The catch is that you have to look them in the eye and say thank you rather than shrugging it off like we often like to do. SO POWERFUL. Hats off to you guys. 

But that's been pretty much my day. It's been good and I'm amazed that I'm already 5 days in. My cravings are still there, but it's not bothering me to eat "healthy" foods. In fact, my teacher had leftover donuts today in class and I didn't take one.  Usually, I always take one, even if I'm not hungry because hey! free doh's. 

All together, this is how I felt today: 
Mostly because of spring...but still..

1 comment:

  1. You are too kind! :)

    T-minus 20 minutes until my 8th graders go on! Here. We. Go!

    So proud of how much you are KILLIN this diet (lifestyle change, whatevs)! I'm happy for you, and I am amazed by your dedication, I don't know if I could do it after all (Runza today was amazing...sorry...). Love you!

    ReplyDelete