Saturday, March 19, 2016

Day 9

Okay, does this program really work?

I was venting to my friend Emily who is on Day 6 and I just miss eating out. I'm not necessarily craving anything, I just miss the social aspect of it. Emily pointed out how problematic our culture can be because everything revolves around either food or drinking. She's had to ask her friends to change some plans because of Whole30. Luckily, she said, they were super awesome about it, but MAN this can be frustrating.

One thing I've found that makes it easier is offering this diet up for someone close to me. Instead of doing it for myself, it gives me a purpose. Yay, Jesus! Speaking of Jesus, Day 9 was a Friday in Lent, which is very difficult for me since I'm a Catholic. Fridays = no meat = half of my diet is cut.

What I ate was cashews, coffee, and guacamole with plantain chips. I also went into work early and organized all the cute new clothes we got. (Super cute, but my feet are killing me. I can only stand and steam so many shirts before my feet give out. Sure, I was wearing mini-heeled-boots, but still....)

Literally the creepiest picture I could find, but that's how it felt 

I also took some medication for my near-constant dizziness, and one side effect was grogginess. OKAY DOCTOR. At around 6 PM, I couldn't focus on anything because my eyes wouldn't stay open. I was supposed to celebrate two of my closest friends' 21st birthdays that night but Nooooo.... I couldn't stay awake to save my life. Therefore, I couldn't drive.

I literally passed out at 8:15 PM on the couch and woke up at 9:00 AM the next day. Oh boy oh boy that knocked me out.

How I felt yesterday:


2 comments:

  1. 2 weeks...just give it two weeks...also, eat more veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Can. Do. It!! One day at a time, and you've got this Whole30 taken out. You've got this, and I'm proud of you. Also, last night's dinner was awesome, and I am willing to eat different meals with you for some social aspect. :) And I know your friends would be willing to help you out too! :)

    ReplyDelete