Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 6

I think the carb flu is officially over. While my stomach is still janky a little, I have no more headache!

I am waiting for the extra energy to kick in, because I would love to become a morning bird.

Meal wise, I had my coffee and cashews for breakfast as I ran off to my Ancient Rhetoric class, then made some guacamole with plantain chips for lunch. After my Communication Theory class, I went home and made Levi, Ma, and I some bacon-wrapped chicken breasts and my asparagus.

Tonight, Levi tried to correct my asparagus, and he even made me take some off the skillet before they were completely crispified! I know, I know, horrifying. But Levi is a cook himself, so....

All day, Levi and I were deciding whether we wanted to go see Zootopia or Deadpool for $5 movie night tonight, WITH the new seats. (Levi has sat in them, I have yet to do so). 
This is what I would've looked like if they hadn't been sold out. 
So we pull up to the movie theatre, and I, having packed my 'bootch and homemade larabars in my purse to be sneaky (Levi said I was completely obvious...my straw was sticking out of my purse), was ready for this action. I was going to tell you what movie we decided on but it doesn't matter because all the freaking seats were sold out. So, we sunk our tails behind our legs and drove the whole 3 minutes home and watched Arrested Development after a half hour of deciding what to watch.

Sometimes I wonder if other people take as much time as Levi and I to pick a movie/TV show. 

Regardless, I realized today that Whole30 isn't difficult as long as you forget about the food you're missing. This is the conversation that happened with Levi and I as I was making dinner.

      Levi: Amanda, you know what sounds good? 
      Amanda: What? 
      Levi: SHOOT! Nevermind, it'll make you sad.
      Amanda: What is it? DQ? Runza? Indian food? Pancheros? Noodles? Alfredo? Granite City? 
     Levi: *sad face as he says our favorite Mexican restaurant* 
     Amanda: Omg. You know, the thing I probably miss the most is Mexican................and Italian.............and buns, and Runza ranch, and french fries, and cheese
     
It was at that moment that my stomach sunk and I realized how much I was missing. 
me thinking about donuts 
Then, I had to forget. I think that's what the Whole30 is all about - changing what you crave. I don't think it's going to work for me. Honestly, I love my Mexican and Runza ranch too much to let go. Sure, I can sacrifice 30 days for completely selfish reasons, but my whole life? *See kitten above*

Also, I've been having dreams about food. 

24 days to go. I can do this. Mom says she's noticed a difference in my face #goals 

So, this is how I've been feeling today 



2 comments:

  1. You can do it! My adjustments have been adding rice, grass-fed cheese and ranch...but my body starts to go into gross-mode when I eat more than a sample. You'll still want the foods, but they'll make you feel too yucky and/or won't taste the same anymore. That's been my experience, anyway! And WOW you've done some serious planning so go AMANDA! You've out-planned the planner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I did read this earlier, but I forgot to comment.

    And....dang straight, I is a cook! ;)

    And those seats...so so so comfy comf. Can't wait until we get to try them out. We are gonna have to go soon! :)

    ReplyDelete